Search engine optimization(SEO) is a vast subject to learn. Many people ask me how long does it take to learn SEO.
There is a simple answer to it:
It depends on your current skills, grasping power, and willingness.
If you have good grasping power, you can learn SEO fast.
If you are passionate enough to learn, you can learn SEO fast.
But, If you are learning because others are learning, you won’t be able to determine that quickly. I have seen many people who are learning SEO because they see more money in this job profile. It is a kind of wrong reason to start learning SEO. It may take ages to learn in this case.
In the long term, you might give up learning SEO, or you just do the given task.
Learning SEO is a challenge for many people. I recently got a message on Facebook Messenger from one of the people who is working for a company and want to understand SEO.
As per my discussion with him, he was not clear on what SEO is. His questions are related to what other people are saying in the community.
As per my observation, He has half-knowledge, and he is very confused between many terms.
So, you must understand the complete SEO before you even jump on the project.
I recommend starting your blog and experiment with all your SEO knowledge. Blogging is the best way to learn SEO.
It may take 15 days for some people and for some people it takes three months. It’s totally fine.
Don’t focus on how long does it.
Focus on how much you can execute your learning.
I hope you got the answer.
I have prepared a method of learning SEO for Free. I hope you will find it helpful.
How to learn SEO for Free?
You can learn SEO by spending 1 hour every day. To make things a little easier, I have broken down my method for learning SEO in chunks of 1 hour.
I would also request you to share this free SEO learning method on your social media so more people can learn SEO. You can even share your progress or ask questions to me on social media. Use #1hourdailyseo.
Learn SEO in 1 hour a day
The first task is to learn all the basics of SEO. You must be aware of all the SEO terms and how you can do SEO. I will share some useful articles which will help you get started.
Please note 1 hour is a suggested time. If you take time understanding the concepts, you may want to spend more time learning. And you don’t need to finish everything on day 1. You can be flexible as per your availability and speed of learning.
- Read this “SEO Tutorial” (1-hour or less)
- You will learn SEO fundamentals and all the components of SEO. I wrote this tutorial to explain all the basics to beginners.
- Read the article until you understand the topics.
- Write down all the queries you have.
- You can google your queries to learn more. Or you can even message me on Twitter or Facebook. I will help you with your questions.
- Read this Keyword Research Guide (1-hour or less)
- Read the article.
- Practice Keyword Research, as explained in the article.
- Practically perform keyword research by choosing three topics.
- Read this On-page SEO Guide (1-hour or less)
- Read the complete article.
- Implement everything you learn on any website page. You can try it on your website or choose any other site.
- You can perform on-page SEO on 3-4 pages.
- Read this Link Building Guide (1-hour or less)
- Read and understand Link Building.
- Take one website as an example. Find out link building opportunities for that website for practice.
- You can also research on their existing link building strategy and find out all the links they have used via some free tools.
- Read this Local SEO Guide (1-hour or less)
- Read and understand about Local SEO.
- Practice the steps given in the article.
- List your own Google Business Listing.
- Try all the methods given on the website.
- Read how to Create a Blog (1-hour or less)
- Create your blog by performing the steps in the article.
- Decide a niche and start writing content on your blog.
- Practice everything you learn on your blog. You may want to divide this practice in multiple days of 1 hour time.
- Read about these 25 Free SEO Tools (1-hour or less)
- Check out all the tools and try them once.
- Implement a few necessary tools on your blog. Try implementing Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and All-in-one SEO Pack or Yoast WordPress Plugin for SEO.
- Rank for some Long-tail Keywords. Read this Long-tail Keywords Guide
- Read the complete guide.
- Find out long-tail keywords for one of your blogs
- Implement all the SEO tactics that you learned and monitor your ranking.
- Make changes to your page from time to time if required.
- Rank your image in Google Image. Read this Image SEO Guide.
- Read the article and learn Image SEO.
- Apply your learning and optimize your blog images.
- Monitor the ranking of your images.
- Try it on 4-5 images and see the result.
- Continue Learning SEO
- Once you finish the above points, It’s a good idea to learn every day. You can spend 1 hour daily to read articles and watch videos to learn SEO.
- Here are a few recommendations.
I hope you got the answer to your question on how long does it take to learn SEO. I also shared the “Learn SEO in 1 hour a day” program through which you can learn SEO quickly and free.
I hope you liked the program.
Once you learn all these steps, It is essential to practice it. Don’t stop learning SEO. Subscribe to your industry leaders’ blog and youtube channel. Follow them regularly and learn from them.
Carry out more experiments on your blog and learn from them.
Teach whatever you are learning through your blog or videos. It will help you learn more and spread awareness in the industry. Don’t worry if you are not an expert. You can still share your learning while you master SEO.
Over to you now.
Share your learning in the comments below. Or ask any questions you may have in the comments below.